In round 3 of the SAL at Woodford Green on Saturday 16th July, Bedford and County finished 4th.
1: Woodford Green with Essex Ladies - 180
2: Ealing Southall & Middlesex AC - 193
3: Ashford AC - 140
4: Bedford & County - 125
Despite a disappointing result, there were several wins on the day:
- Lyla Danobrega survived a near fall to women’s 800m (2:20.11). Ellen Garraway won the B string (2:31.62).
- Glen Mulkerrins led from gun to tape, seeing off a late fightback, to win the men’s 800m (2:02.65). A maiden track win in a remarkable first season for the former National League rugby player.
- Will Forster, returning to the track for the first time in over a year, won the Men’s 400h (60.64).
- Ruby Green was victorious in the women’s 400h (70.28).
- Ash-Shon Dacres won the 400m (54.38). he was closely followed in 2nd place overall by Will Forster who won the B string (55.07)
- Milly Dunger took the win in the women’s 1500m (4:53.58)
- Craig Emmerson saw off a late surge to win to men’s 1500m (4:13.08) before jogging a lap, changing vest and lining up to take a convincing win in the 2000m Steeplechase (6:34.76) a few minutes later.
Another Notable performance saw Alan Turnbull run 17:12.40 to finish 2nd in the 5000m. His time puts him 6th in the UK in the v55 rankings, currently led by second claim club Member Andy leach.
The next senior match is on the 16th of August, in round 4 of the Southern Athletics League at Thurrock, before the biggest match of the season, when Bedford host National Athletics League finals on Sunday 21st of August. Please get in touch with Craig Emmerson (SAL & NAL), Emma coombes (SAL), or Jemma Eastwood (NAL) if you would like to be considered for either match.