Unfortunately, in light of the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic, there have been further cancellations of events beyond the official suspension of athletics competition (currently set at 30th June).
The cancellations are:
- The last remaining Southern Athletics League matches of the 2020 season - in July and August - have now been cancelled. Sadly, this means that there will be no Southern Athletics League matches this year.
- All Eastern Masters Athletics Club (EMAC) League matches, including the September Final at Bedford.
- The British Masters Athletics Championships that were due to take place at Bedford in mid-August.
- The July National Athletics League match.
In more positive news:
• The August and September EMAC League dates are being held for open meetings, should circumstances allow.
• A number of virtual races are taking place in June (see the article about upcoming virtual races in June 2020 for more information.)
In addition to the fixtures metioned previously, the fixtures below have also been cancelled. We will update this section with the latest fixture cancellations due to Coronavirus when we get them.
- Southern Athletics League match on 7th June has been cancelled.
- The English Schools Championships, which was scheduled for 11th and 12th July has been cancelled, ESAAstatement.
It Isn’t All About Cancellations
For anybody wanting ideas about what to do, the England Athletics, Athletics @ Home website is worth a look: https://www.englandathletics.org/about-us/athletics-at-home/