Public Space Covid Secure training is currently suspended due to tier 4 restrictions.
You can find the latest England Athletics guidance here: https://www.englandathletics.org/athletics-and-running/news/guidance-update-27-november-2020/
In addition to training at Bedford International Athletics Stadium, and in line with England Athletics guidance, Bedford and County is now offering Covid secure training in a number of selected public spaces.
The locations are:
- Bedford Park, including Cemetery Hill
- Russell Park
- Hillgrounds playing fields, Kempston
- Rowney Warren (near Chicksands)
- Biddenham Cricket Club
- Flyover Out and Back Route, Bedford Embankment
- White Bridge Loop, Bedford Embankment
- Go Outdoors Route
- Willington Loop
The public space Covid secure environments enable us to train legally in groups of more than six people provided that certain conditions are met, including a booking system that facilitates contact tracing, limits on the number of people training in a location at any given time, and a commitment to keep our distance from members of the public as much as we can.
Covid Secure training sessions must be booked by a recognized Bedford and County coach or group leader.
A good way to get a quick overview is to look at this presentation.
In order to make a booking, the coach or group leader should:
- Read the public space Action Plan and the Risk Assessment.
- Check availability using the Bookings Spreadsheet.
- Make a booking using the Booking Form for Public Spaces. The booking must include the contact details of all the participants in the session, including athletes and coaches.
- You will get an email or text message confirming your booking within 24 hours, and at that point you are good to go.
Please note that unless you are in a booked Covid secure training session in a Covid Secure Environment, the rule of six applies.