Public Space Covid Secure training returns from 30th March (the booking system is now open)
You can find the latest England Athletics guidance here: https://www.englandathletics.org/athletics-and-running/news/guidance-update-2021/
In addition to training at Bedford International Athletics Stadium, and in line with England Athletics guidance, Bedford and County offers Covid secure training in a number of selected public spaces.
The locations are:
- Bedford Park
- Cemetery Hill
- Russell Park
- Hillgrounds playing fields, Kempston
- Rowney Warren (near Chicksands)
- Biddenham Cricket Club
- Flyover Out and Back Route, Bedford Embankment
- White Bridge Loop, Bedford Embankment
- Go Outdoors Route
- Willington Loop
- Bedford River Valley Park, Area 1
- Bedford River Valley Park, Area 2
- Fenlake Meadows Out and Back Route
- Former Great Denham Golf Club
- Bedford Athletic Rugby Club, Wentworth Dr, Bedford MK41 8QA
The public space Covid secure environments enable us to train legally in groups of more than six people provided that certain conditions are met, including a booking system that facilitates contact tracing, limits on the number of people training in a location at any given time, and a commitment to keep our distance from members of the public as much as we can.
Covid Secure training sessions must be booked by a recognized Bedford and County coach or group leader.
A good way to get a quick overview is to look at this presentation.
In order to make a booking, the coach or group leader should:
- Read the public space Action Plan and the Risk Assessment.
- Check availability using the Bookings Spreadsheet.
- Make a booking using the Booking Form for Public Spaces. The booking must include the contact details of all the participants in the session, including athletes and coaches.
- You will get an email or text message confirming your booking within 24 hours, and at that point you are good to go.
Please note that unless you are in a booked Covid secure training session in a Covid Secure Environment, the rule of six applies.