Bedford & County AC has a large number of competitive and successful young athletes who are ably supported by our qualified coaches and our team managers.
You can find details of our coaching team and set up under the main coaching tab. You will also find details of our training sessions in the same place.
Young athletes compete in 2 year age bands Under 13, Under 15 and Under 17. You can find details of how the age groups work under the competition tabs.
The club provides competition for Young Athletes in:
Track & Field athletics
- National Youth Development League - Lower: U15 & U13
- Eastern Young Athletes League (U17, U15, U13)
Under 17’s & U20’s can also compete with the Senior Team in the Southern Athletics League if they are of sufficient standard and subject to Rule 107(4) & (5) of the UKA rules of competition, see the league rules.
Cross Country running
- The Resultsbase Chiltern Cross Country League.
National & Regional Championships
- Southern and English National cross country championships
- Southern and English National road relay championships and
- English National cross country relay championships.
You can find out more about the leagues and championship races under the competition.
Please also see the pages for Bedford Beagles and our Passport to Athletics schemes.